Every spring, my mom fills a hummingbird feeder with red sugar water, and the whole family enjoys watching them feed while we sit on our sunroom. But this year, our hummers seem more active than ever.
They’re such scrappy little guys—we’ve seen two or three of them swooping at each other in their efforts to get a drink. When they get tired, though, they seem to call a truce so they can “re-fuel”. We’ve even seen three drinking peacefully together at one time.
Today I sat outside, trying to snap a few pictures of them. One flew up and stared at me face to face, as if to say, “Who are you and what are you doing on our deck?”
Other than that, they seemed a little shy—but I was still able to get a few good shots. Hope you enjoy them!
Great pictures! :) I love hummingbirds--I wish they came around here more, but I haven't seen one in years.
ReplyDeleteThe green one looks luminous! Good shutter speed and good job. : )
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Edith
P.S. And by the way, were these taken, by any chance, with your new camera? ; )
ReplyDeleteWow! Gorgeous! Are you okay with me making that third one my computer wallpaper?
ReplyDeleteEdith: Thanks!! And yes--I meant to mention that but forgot... *chagrin* My new camera is a Canon Powershot SX130 IS, by the way--I'm really enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteSarady: Go for it!! :) Let me know if you need me to email it to you so it's a bit larger.