“Dance with God, and He’ll let the right man cut in.” Maybe you’ve heard this phrase. It’s quoted, posted, and pinned by many single Christian ladies these days. It just gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn’t it?
But wait—is this really how God works? I don’t think so.
For one thing, I’ve known many amazing, godly ladies who have ended up with absolute jerks because they’ve been deceived—not to mention ladies who remain single all their lives. Does this happen because these women aren’t really “dancing with God”? That’s debatable. But I don’t want to point fingers when I don’t know what’s going on in someone’s heart.
Also, we need to consider WHY we’re dancing with God. Is it just so He’ll give us a godly (and good-looking!) spouse? If so, we need to re-evaluate our priorities.
Ladies (and gents): God is NOT a divine matchmaker. Sure, I believe He places people together for a reason, but we need to trust Him even when His storyline for our earthly lives may not be the fairytale ending we hope for.
After all, He made us. He loved us so much He gave His life to save us. How could we want anything more?
Let’s remember to dance with God today. He IS the right man!
That reminds me of Romans 8:32, which my pastor has been using in church recently. It says "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" It is a good reminder not to become anxious about a relationship (or lack there of) because God has it all well in hand!
ReplyDelete