Well, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, and I feel like I owe you—my fantastic readers!—an update on what I’ve been doing lately.
v Progressing through my sophomore year of college
Last semester was alternately awesome and stressful. Along with classes in Old Testament, western literature, creative writing, and speech, I took a course in literary analysis…the “killer class” for the English major. I was surprised to find it fun, although challenging, and had a great time writing long essays and exploring great literature. Also, I moved into a new dorm with some of my close friends, and we’ve had a blast together. Just being near such great people makes life a little easier.
v Helping take care of Grandma
I mentioned a little bit about my Grandma’s illness in this previous post from last summer. She’s doing very well and is continuing to recuperate at her home. I spent a few of my breaks from school at my grandparents’ house helping to take care of her, and it was encouraging to watch her amazing recovery first hand.
v Enjoying my Christmas break
I’m so happy to be home for a few weeks, taking time to relax and spend time with family. As much as I love school and my college friends, it’s good to be home.
v Planning new blog projects
No, I haven’t forgotten Marginalia in the midst of all this busyness. In fact, I’ve been brainstorming some new ideas. One of these is a giveaway, which I’m considering for this coming year. Please leave a comment to let me know if you’d like a Marginalia giveaway, and if you have anything you’d like to donate. I’m also planning some exciting new posts—thought-provoking snippets along with some creative pieces. One of the ways you can keep track of all that’s happening here is the safe and easy feedburner feature. You can subscribe to my blog by typing your email in the feedburner icon on the left side of the screen. Once you do this, you’ll receive an email notification for each new blog post.
Happy New Year from Marginalia!
Love,
Jo
WOW! High school? I need your time traveling secret! Last I knew you were in college. I'd like to turn back time. Please advise. ;-)
ReplyDeleteExciting stuff. Would love to hear more about your Literary analysis class.
ReplyDeleteOh wow...I'll definitely have to edit this post. What can I say--this semester may have damaged my brain cells... ;D
ReplyDeletePastor K--I'd love to tell more about it! Maybe that would be a good subject for future posts.
I'd like to second the vote for more on Literary Analysis. I could certainly use some enlightenment about it...
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year,
Edith ; )
I'd be thrilled to provide some books for your giveaway. Let me know how to proceed!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that would be awesome! A summer book giveaway sounds like a great idea. I'll let you know what's happening a little later in the spring. :)
ReplyDelete